Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Visit to the Doctor

Today I got to go see my Doctor.  Not that I wanted to but I decided that I had better go see him.  Since June my leg has been swelling up and at Grand Council/Chapter some of my Brothers suggested that I needed to go get it looked at.

The Doctors are all on something called My Chart where you can go on line and see your test results and send non emergency questions into the Doctor and he will respond.  So I did that last Thursday.  He couldn't see me until the first part of the week so I did what I had been doing.  I stayed home as much as possible with my leg up.

So I finally got in to see him and he looked at it.  He did not seem too concerned. He does not think I have a blood clot but to be sure a week from Thursday I will have an ultra sound. - In the meantime I shall continue to elevate the leg and fuss about it a little.

On a better note I got weighed and I lost 18 pounds since I saw him in June.  I need to loose at least 100 pounds.  I have cut out some really bad things (chips, potatoes, chocolate, etc)  So that is good.  Jon almost has the spare room cleaned out and soon I will be able to have someone stay over if they want.  Miles seems to be adjusting to his new living arrangements.  I hope he does not miss me as much as I miss him.

I got word today that one of my Lodge Brothers died this afternoon.  I had some difficulty with him in the past but we had worked through it and we had a nice visit at Grand Chapter.  I told him about my leg and he was genuinely concerned.  He wanted me to be sure to let him know what happened with the doctor.  I am so very glad that we had gotten past our problems.  He died while fishing with some of the Lodge Brothers.  I count him as lucky to go that way.  I watched my grandfather die slowly over about 10 years.  My grandmother died the same way Bob did. Quick and while doing something he loved.  He will be missed because he had a lot of friends and brothers.  Rest In Peace, my Brother.

Remember Me:

To the living, I am gone.

To the sorrowful, I will never return.

To the angry, I was cheated,

But to the happy, I am at peace,

And to the faithful, I have never left.

I cannot be seen, but I can be remembered.

So as you stand upon a shore, gazing at a beautiful sea - remember me.

As you look in awe at a mighty forest and its grand majesty - remember me.

As you look upon a flower and admire its simplicity - remember me.

Remember me in your heart, your thoughts, and your memories of the times we loved, the times we cried, the times we fought, the times we laughed.

For if you always think of me, I will have never gone.

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I am sad to hear about your brother; you paid him a loving tribute.

whalechaser said...

Jay,
I really enjoyed the poem, it is true on all levels. Thank you.
whale