Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Note on Sunday

By the way - The Straw Poll for the Republican Party was held in Ames yesterday.  Michelle "Bachmann won it.  She had 4,832 votes.  If anyone wants to "blame the Iowans" for this remember that there are  3,007,856 Iowans.  That means 3,003,024 Iowans had the good sense not to vote for her....And considering the number of out of state people in attendance I don't think anyone should blame Iowa for her.  If you want the real story about this person go read this article.  It is really very terrifying.


 I certainly enjoyed today.  The weather was just about perfect and I was able to spend a lot of time on the back porch, reading, sleeping, eating pizza (from Black Market) for supper and Miles was over for a visit.
 I snapped some pictures off the back porch and since a lot of them were of Miles I have them scheduled to come up tomorrow morning.

Yesterday I went to some of the Grand Chapter meetings and when they were over I spent the afternoon updating the Grand Chapter Code for the Web site as there were a lot of changes made.  The updates were made and the code on the Web Site is up to date.  The wonders of Google Docs and the Internets.

Poor Bailey.  He is so thin and skinny and he can't see very well but he still knows when there is food to be begged for and usually can find his way back in from outside.  He will be a year older a week from Thursday.

Yesterday Rick and Kathy came over after the meetings and we went to Black Market Pizza.  They have an underground menu and there is a pizza called "The Garlic" which has a garlic sauce to die for.  It also has bacon and if you want they will add Feta Cheese to it.  I forgot to order the cheese on it when I ordered a small one for supper tonight.

I also was given some strawberry jam and I had some of it with some of my White Chocolate Peanut Butter and Bacon on toast for lunch.  Really nice.  I think sometimes I could live on peanut butter.  Especially the peanut butter I have sent from New York. It is the best I have ever eaten.

I love sitting on my back porch and enjoy watching the breeze as it moves the grasses in Jon's Prairie and the bushes.  It is so very nice to sit there.  I really love it.  Thanks for stopping by.  Hugs  j

1 comment:

DonM said...

I cannot remember the brand namne, but I bought some dark chocolate almond butter the other day which is unbelievable. I thought it might be similar to Nuttella. But Nuttella is very sweet and milk chocolatey. This stuff has very little sugar; it is mostly almonds with dark chocolate. ALmost enuff to make me swear off of peanut butter.