Monday, August 8, 2011

Fried Green Tomatoes/ Miles on Monday

 Fried Green Tomatoes are comfort food for me.  I remember them from my childhood.  Thursday night Theresa brought me three beautiful green tomatoes.  She has done that before but this year these were perfectly beautiful.  I wrote a poem about them once.  You can read it at my poetry blog.


I fix them simply -- I slice them, dip them in flour and fry them in butter.  Heaven,  so very good. 


The three tomatoes served for two meals.  I could have stretched them out but I decided to be glutenous and cooked the last two Sunday night. 



I picked up a steak and fixed that and had them with a salad.  I could only eat half the steak so I saved the other half and had it with the tomatoes I cooked for Sunday.


Other than that it has been a quiet week-end.  I was so wiped out after the degree work in Des Moines on Friday night that I just came home and collapsed.  Miles was coming for an overnight and I wanted to be here to see how he was doing.  


I enjoyed having him around. And he enjoyed being here.  Jon said he had not been eating over at the new place and I thought he might be a little concerned but Miles was fine here and he ate his and Bailey's food.  Bailey was glad to see him back.  Jon picked him up on Sunday night.  I also printed the programs for the Grand Council/Chapter Memorial Service which is on Thursday night.  I went through a lot of ink. Looking forward to it.


Miles had to check out the back yard.

Then he wanted right back in.

Hi Cassie!

Jon, where are you?  Get back in here,

I am glad you are here.

He was glad to see Jon and ready to go. He gets groomed tomorrow and you can see by his fur he is needing it.  Kind of scruffy looking.  He will be back to see us next week-end.  Bailey will be glad to see him.....and so will I.

1 comment:

John said...

Dad gum it! Now I've gotta fry me up some green termaters!