Thursday, July 26, 2012

**

*
One of my favorite pet peeves is when I go from my reader to a web site I find teeny tiny print -I do not see any good reason to have pages of text with print this size. If the purpose of the text is to communicate Why in the hell would you type in a font that makes a person have eye strain.  I have set up my blog so that it is comfortable to read without my glasses.  I also do not like those awful white print on black backgrounds.  Sorry folks that is not sexy.  Just hard to read. That is one of the reasons I use the Google Reader because the text looks like this. Sort of like what you get in a newspaper or a book.

I know I can enlarge the text by pressing Control and the = sign but why should I have to?  It is not as if I expect much.  I have been reading newspapers and magazines for a long time with decent print...Oh yes except for Vanity Fair.  They are concerned that they will use space which is needed for large glossy images of skinny models in skimpy clothing. So the one page I am most interested in reading is tiny print and it is not easy for these old eyes to manage.

I am really enjoying some of the summer replacement shows. Of course Dallas, then there is The Closer, Rizoli and Iles, White Collar, Suits, The Firm, Covert Affairs, Burn Notice, Royal Pains...and Truc Blood and The Newsroom. I will miss them when they are off the air. It is too bad that the networks can't do as good a job. (Note: The jury is still out on the replacement for The Closer.  I can't imagine it will be as good without Kyra.  She is a great actress)

I also do not understand why, except for The Firm none of those are on the major networks. They have been running re-runs all summer and I don't watch them.  There are a lot of shows I don't watch on the networks.

I forgot I also had fun watching Around the World in 80 Plates. I think they all should have won.

The lights were out on Wednesday from 8:45 - 11:00 and so the last 15 minutes of Dallas and Royal Pains were cut off.  I was able to catch Royal Pains because they repeat the show at a later hour. Now I have to find the re-run of Dallas.  I think it is Saturday morning at 8:00.

The bird up above is a grouse..I used it because that is what I planned on doing tonight,  Grousing.  thanks for listening.

No comments: