Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I feel like the little mouse. Just like I have been running around in circles.  I had to go to Des Moines to write some checks,  A couple of weeks ago we had a Grand Lodge Reception.  One of my Lodges was responsible for collecting the money for the tickets and then, of course, the bills had to be paid.

I had deposited the money earlier and now it was time to pay the piper.  Before I could do that, however I had to go to two Credit Unions and deposit money into three accounts. (I am Treasurer for the Lodge, and Secretary Treasurer for the Iowa College, SRICF and Recorder for the Conclave and as Recorder I collect the money.)  I also had to go out to the Feed Store and get some food for Miss Molly.  I feed her Taste of the Wild which was recommended by the shelter.  I think probably they get a "deal" from the company but it is good food.  Made from Bison and Venison and with no grain Molly thrives on it.

I got to Des Moines around 1:00 and Shane and I had lunch at Tumea & Sons Restaurant. We enjoy this restaurant and the family who own and operate the restaurant are really nice and Shane has eaten there often enough that he is treated like family.  The &Sons (one of them) came over and sat down with us and we had a nice visit.  I had the Chicken Parmesan and it was very good.

After lunch I went back with Shane, wrote the checks, went up to get gas. Then it was back to Ames to deposit two more checks which I had been given and then to the Grocery store. I was running low on some things that are necessary.  I don't do much cooking any more but I do have to eat.  HyVee has salads and of course there are staples, butter and TP, etc.  Just the usual.  Then it was home to greed Miss Molly and get her kisses and excitement. That is the best part of the day.

Miles is coming for a three day stay tomorrow morning,  Jon is going to Minneapolis to hang out with wasps.  He is hoping his grandmother will take care of his Praying Mantises.  If she doesn't I will have to have them also. I would worry about that.  What if their dinner (crickets) would get away?  I truly dislike them.

Have a great Tuesday.  Chack back later.

No comments: