Thursday, July 12, 2012

Taylor and Danielle
 I have mentioned Taylor Morris previously on my Blog.  Taylor is the young man who stepped on a mine in Afghanistan and lost his legs as well as his right hand and left arm at the elbow.  I have been following his recovery (which is phenomenal through his Caring Bridge account.

 They have set up a web site where you can go and follow his story and even see some videos of him and learn about the process of being fitted with new legs.  There are a lot of us following him.  I noticed on his counter that he has over 120,000 hits on the blog and so I hope you will go over and follow his story at this link.  I also added a link in my sidebar.
Today was also the day I did something I have been putting off for a long time. I went to the dentist.  I won't go into details of why it has been so long but it has and when fillings began to fall out and one tooth completely broke off I began to feel that I should go to see a dentist.  The thing was I am fussy about who I see as I really prefer to like and know the person who is rummaging around inside my mouth.

Click to embigggen
I asked around about dentists from time to time but I really hate going to the dentist so I put it off..  The other day I left Lodge early and went home and on the way I pulled off the road to take a picture of the sunset.  I got my pictures and as I left I spotted this little Corvette which proceeded to do a U-turn and pull up in front of the dentist's office which was next to my foot doctor's place.  I saw a man get out of the car and go to the front door so I pulled up behind him and waited for him to come out.  I figured it would not take to long as he was parked in a no parking spot.

So to make a long story short when he came out I introduced myself and visited with him, liked him immediately, and decided that the universe had nudged me to find a dentist. The appointment was made and today was the day.  The good news is that a lot of my teeth are in good shape and can be saved.  The bad news is that the work is going to cost around 5K.  Fortunately I can spread it out over several months and manage to pay for it without having to get into my TSA.  So I guess I won't be taking any trips for awhile and will be blogging about my mouth in the future.  Such fun.

Miles is over for a visit and he and Molly are getting along fine.  She will miss him but Friday we go up to Mason City to meet her new brother. Watch this space for further developments.  Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I will follow Taylor

good on you for going to the dentist
that's on my list

Molly and a new brother!? I'm getting excited :)