Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday Serendipity - Photos by Bob Kelly

Here are six images I captured recently that caught my eye.  The first photo shows the motorcycle up high on a post in the small town of Paton, and combing that with its clever sign in the lower left makes for a fun image.
  I love the next classic old barn like they have in some of the western states. this one with good lines, lots of character and wrinkles!!  
 The white barn sticking up above the corn tassels did not catch my eye as much as the skeletal windmill, but together with the corn they tell a nice farm story. 
  The roadside flower arrangement was beautiful to see and photograph.  The white Queen Anne's Lace is delicate indeed contrasts well with the blue Wild Flax.  You see these plants along many roads and in the ditches right now, but just south of Cambridge there is a profusion of them along the gravel and asphalt roads there.  
 The country church has been on this blog before, but not with its new red roof!  A growing and hopeful soybean field is growing on the rolling farmland in front of it.
 A Cooper's Hawk stands guard atop the insulator on a utility pole, looking regal and alert.  He did not mind me shooting out of my car window which allowed me to capture this image.  
There are lots of interesting images that you may see today wherever you go…turn your radar and perceptions on and see what is there!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

beautiful shots!!
I too love old weathered barns, so much character