Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tuesday in pictures

I had to get my hairs cut today. On the way down I mailed a letter.  I had put the letter out to be picked up on Monday but for some reason I did not get any mail so it was not picked up.  I didn't use this mailbox but you get the idea.
I got to the hair salon and decided not to park next to this car.  I don't know who was driving it but they certainly need lessons in parking.  I'll bet they couldn't color between the lines either.  Because I couldn't use the place next to it I had to pay for the meter. 
I get my hairs cut at His 'n Hers. This is Kim the owner.  
 Marsha has been cutting my hairs for eons.  She cut it before my mother died.  She actually was Mother's beautician and Mother died 17 years ago, so  have known her a long time. I always enjoy my time with these ladies. And I always look better after visiting them

I went to the Democratic Headquarters after getting my hairs cut to sign up for yard signs for Mr Obama and Mrs. Vilsack.  Some nice kids were working there. I told them they were going to be on my blog.
 You can embiggen any of these pictures to see them in a larger size.  Just click on the picture.


I saw this poster through a window and so I walked around the corner.
 And got a picture of John (or Jon) working at the desk in front.  I don't know how to spell his name because I just heard someone call him John when they asked if they had a list of homes for Yard Signs yet.

 I think he was amused by some old fart running around taking pictures.  Then it was around the corner to go the Wheatsfield Cooperative grocery. One of the reasons I go there is to get organic dog treats for Lady Molly.  She likes them.  They were on sale so I got two bags.
 Wine

Produce - I got some raspberries

 and some tea.

I got this dollar bill in change from Burger King.  It is illegal to deface money so I took it to the Credit Union and turned it in. I certainly wasn't going to use it.
 They are redoing the parking lot at the Credit Union.  The last time I was in there this space was crawling with men working.  It was just a little after noon so I suppose they were at lunch.

Then I went out to see Ginny at the Information Center.  She has finished her cookbook and wanted me to see it.
 She invited me in but I had groceries in the car and wanted to keep them cool.
 When I was at Whittier School (1971-75) I put together a Family Cookbook. It had family recipies and I used mimeograph to copy them for the Cousins for Christmas.  Ginny got a Cookbook program and updated and added to it. She had one copy printed and bound. It cost her about $40. That was with a 1/3 off coupon.  So I guess there won't be any more printed.  The good news is that it is an electronic Cookbook so it can "live" on a computer.  I don't know though. I like the idea of a hard copy.  Here are a couple of pictures of the Cookbook. That is my grandparent's wedding Certificate on the cover.
 The inside shows my grandparents and their six daughters on one page and the "family tree" that was made for my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary.
 Then it wa a quick run through Mickey D's for a double cheeseburger and fries (sometimes you just have to have one)
 Even though it was hot these guys were working across the street at the Dollar Store.

 Molly was glad to see me when I came back. She has learned not to jump up on me when I come home but waits patiently.
 And she got her treat and her ears scratched and she helped eat the fries and burger. She is such a love.
The rest of the day was printing thing on the computer and watching TV..Oh yes, I had a humungous salad for supper.  Man was it good.  Got it from Quizno's (and a glass of wine purchased from the Wheatsfield grocery story.)   Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

oooooh
what sort of tea?

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

They have several varieties, I got Earl Grey, Green Tea and Jasmine. I keep it in my old Greek Honey jars.