Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Innocent

I finished The Innocent Wednesday morning.  

If it is by David Baldacci you know it is going to be a "good read" and this one was.

You can read a synopsis and some one line comments here.

One of the comments calls it a one day read. That is because you don't want to put it down.  It moves fast with good characters and a plot that draws you in and keeps calling you to the book.  Somewhat predictable if you have read other Balcacci books there are still twists and surprises that I was not expecting.

I had picked up another Baldacci book at Books A Million in the "cheap" reduced price book shelf.. You know the ones which they are selling in 2012 which came out in 2009 and you can get the hard cover for less than a paperback.  I had not remembered the title but once I read  past the first chapter I realized that I had already read the book and was going to put it down.  However as I read I felt like I was meeting up with an old friend so I have decided to keep on re-reading it.  I don't usually read a book twice but I want to this one so I will read it next.  Lyndon is still "on hold" -  It just doesn't fit the idea of summer reading and since it is so hot right now I am not going out more than I have to so I will probably just stay in and read.

Thanks for stopping by.  Found this and I thought it was cute.  Enjoy


1 comment:

Dianne said...

I have caught up on all recent posts
you have outdone yourself this week and it's only Thursday!

now that I know of Taylor I too will think of him each day

I love the dog pissing on the Romney sign

and all the dumb yet funny sign are wonderful

hugs from me and Hope to you
and Molly
and Cassie
and Siren and Isadora kinda send hugs too, they're in a bad mood from a night full of dumb neighbors shooting off illegal fireworks
I love how people celebrate freedom by getting drunk and breaking the law