Saturday, July 14, 2012

Road Trip

 Molly and I took a road trip to Mason City on Friday.  It was raining when we left but it cleared up when we got about 30 miles north.  It was a beautiful day.
 It was nice to see clouds in the sky and to hear thunder again.  We didn't get much rain but it was enough to keep Miss Molly inside. She doesn't like to go out in the rain.
 She slept most of the way up.  Once we got there she had to read the news outside. And to see the nice flowers planted in front of the Humane Society.
 We were up there to look at a dog companion for Molly.  When Miles is over she enjoys playing with him and is more active and I thought it would be good to have another dog.
 And this is the dog we didn't get.  He is cute.  A corgi and he has an interesting story -- but he has a problem.  He is a male dog and he has to "mark" his territory. He lifted his leg on every piece of furniture in the room.  When Miles is over he and Molly play the pee game but they do it outside.  This little guy didn't seem to care where he did it.  And of course Molly decided to play the game with him and she peed on his pee and then the mostly ignored each other. I decided that it wasn't going to be a good fit for us and the lady assured me that there were other people who were interested in him so Molly and I came home. She has been relaxing on the couch ever since.  I think perhaps that Molly and  I will be just fine on our own and we did have a nice drive to Mason City.  If it wasn't for the peeing I would probably have gotten him but I had a year of Bailey's incontinence and I didn't feel like I could deal with it with this little guy.  I hope he is adopted soon.  He is a nice little guy but he wasn't interested in interacting with Molly and so I decided against it.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

you made the right choice
the marking would have caused so much stress for all involved
I do think another dog is still a great idea but only when a good match presents itself

hugs to to you and Molly
and Cassie
from me and Hope