Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Couple of things

 Well, Here we go again. I have to put up a post and I have nothing.... or as Dr. Spo would say the Muses are not cooperating.  Actually he would not say that but rather something like it.

 I got the giraffe in a truck picture from John.  From time to time he sends me things and I enjoy getting them.  He also sent me the Past Master picture below which you will get to later.  In five more days I will get my driver's license back and will be able to do things again.  I am hoping that Quartet will still be playing at the Fleur Cinema  in Des Moines because that is the first place I am going to go.

And then I shall go to Costco and have a leisurely drive over the back roads to get home.  I may stop somewhere and eat outside of Ames.  I will try to swing by the Krispy Kreme and get a doughnut and then eat it on the way home, stopping at the new Dunkin Donuts in Ames and get another one.  Then I shall come home and collapse with a sugar high. Then after I get home I may decide to go out to someplace around 10:00 at night and get some coffee in a coffee shop or just drive out and look at the lights that Bob took pictures of and we posted on the blog the other day.  In the meantime I will continue to sit here and practice patience.

I will also be able to drive to my Lodge Meetings and to meetings that I want to go to.  I imagine they will have to examine me at Arcadia Lodge because I have not been there since November.  I imagine it may look something like the picture below.

At any rate I am going to be glad to have Spring come, and to be able to take pictures like this one.
And take Miss Molly on rides and perhaps we will find out where the dog park is and go down there to look the place over to see if she likes it.  

I will be grateful, appreciative and very careful.  I still won't be able to have a drink because part of my sentence is to abstain from all alcohol for the entire year.  My probation officer did recommend that I be released from probation so I suppose that it will be on my honor system.  And I don't have any problem with that.  There is only one part of my sentence that I think was unfair.  I would have been able to have the fine reduced by half ($650) if I had gotten a temporary license.  The problem with that was that I could only have driven to work and I don't work.  Not to the grocery store or to medical appointments  or church (I don't go anyway) and I would have had to rent a breath lock machine which would have eaten up any savings from having the fine reduced so I decided there was no point.  I understand the penalty and the need for it but I do feel it is kind of harsh for a first time offense. 

It is almost over and I am glad for that. In the meantime give yourself a hand for reading this and stop by again sometime.  Hugs, j

No comments: