Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sunday Salute XLIX

John Stamos is one of my favorite personalities/actors. I enjoyed him on Full House and I always enjoy seeing him on TV shows.  Recently I saw him on an Interview show and became aware of some work he does that I had not know about previously...so I salute him for that and just for being a nice guy.

From Wikipedia

John Phillip Stamos(pron.: /ˈstms/ stay-mohs; born August 19, 1963) is an American actor, singer and musician best known for his work in television, especially in his starring role as Jesse Katsopolison the ABC sitcom Full House. Since the ending of that show in 1995, Stamos has appeared in numerous television films and series. From 2006 to 2009, Stamos had a starring role on the NBC medical drama ER as Dr. Tony Gates. In September 2009, he began playing the role of Albert in the Broadway revival of Bye Bye Birdie. In September 2010 Stamos began a multi-episode arc as Dr. Carl Howell on the second season of the Fox series Glee.

John works with several charities.  He is the national spokesperson for Project Cuddle.


Quotes:

I've been been on the cover of TV Guide, on every single talk and entertainment show except Letterman. It's interesting being older and dealing with this kind of success. I'm more appreciative of it now, and I don't take it for granted. 


I like when guests come over early and we chop veggies and talk and play music.


I'm just as insecure and neurotic and scared and vulnerable as anybody, you know.
I think I got turned onto The Beach Boys for the first time with the 'Endless Summer' album in 1974. The power of that music still, to this day, bypasses the brain and goes straight to the heart. You don't have to think about it; it's something that you feel.
I went to Broadway and I've been doing some fun guest spots with 'Entourage' and 'Glee' and I'm ready to have my own show.
I'm happier in my career now than I've ever been.
I'm not the guy who bursts into the room. I'm the most insecure person you'll meet if you get to know me.

I'm finally looking older and inviting my wrinkles. 




Previous Salutes
George and Joy Adamson
Maya Angelou
Harry Belafonte


Bishop Desmond Tutu             
Betty White       


No comments: