Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Skies of Iowa - This 'n That

 Tuesday my friend Craig picked me up and drove me out to the driver's license station so that I could recover my lost license..(lost for 6 months due to a DUI) - After paying an exorbitant amount of money and standing around for an hour I finally regained my license.
And I drove home. (We had driven out in my car.)   After watching my Soap for the day Molly and I got in the car and drove up to visit Aunt Jo and Cousin Georgia.  We had a nice visit.  Their friend Sally was there and it was good to see her.
Then Molly and I drove to Ankeny to go to the PetSmart store to get Molly a new collar but the lady there (who had a beautiful Golden) checked out the one I had and said it was just fine for Molly.  Speaking of Molly on Monday night she spent the entire night on my lap.  She knew I was worried about the next morning and getting my license back so she stayed up all night to comfort me.  She truly is an amazing dog.
I stopped at the grocery store in Ankeny and then got in the car and drove home.  The skies were so beautiful with puffy clouds and bright sunshine and I really was so happy to be in the car and driving again.
We have had some crummy grey days over the past week. It seems that finally we are going get Spring.  Today (Wednesday) it is up to 45 degrees already.
It is like the heavens were reflecting my mood.
The picture below is of shadows on my wall.  It looked neater in person.
And this one is of a drawing that one of my parents gave me after I had her son in school.  One of the kids I have not reconnected with but I will always remember him.  Not because of the incredible drawing but because when he was in Kindergarten he beat me playing chess.  Ruined the game for me.  But that is the way it is.  Later I had him in class.  He obviously had great potential and I did not hold it against him that he had beaten me in Kindergarten.


Today I was working on the computer and Molly started growling and barking (which she never does)  Then I lost my signal on the Internets and was not connected and the picture on my TV was frozen .  I called Mediacom and tried to get things working again and it came back on. When I went out to look for the mail I saw the Mediacom truck parked in front and then I found out that they were out back working on the line so I took a picture just as they were finishing.  Hopefully this will solve all my problems with the TV. It has been a long haul but Mediacom has been persistent and worked to fix the problem.


1 comment:

Harpers Keeper said...

Congrats on being able to drive again.