Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"Stuff"

 I really don't have anything to say.  I have a few things I have collected to use somewhere and they don't seem to fit anywhere else so here they are.  I am fighting some kind of "bug" which is causing me some uncomfortable symptoms and I do not feel much like writing anything. So I will probably just "babble"  - I do that a lot anyway.  I don't like feeling ill.  Molly doesn't like me feeling that way either.  She climbs up on my lap to snuggle and give me some comfort.  She is a very comforting companion.

Just below is the Iowa State University Memorial Union. I use to hang out there when I was younger.  I love the building. To tell the truth the top floors you see were built by the family construction company so I feel connected to it.  When you enter the main door you go into a Memorial room dedicated to those who have served in our wars. There names are inscribed on the walls.  When you see names like that (and on the Viet Nam Memorial) you don't always think about it but each one of them was a person with a story, with hopes and dreams and families and perhaps children who are no longer living because they chose to join our country's military to fight and protect the experiment that is the United States.  I think we owe it to them to be the best we can be to know what is going on in our nation and do everything in our power to "support and maintain" the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic.  Those who would destroy that government or subvert it are enemies even if they maintain otherwise.

 This is the logo of the Ames Community School District. I ran across it the other day and got to thinking about the Ames Schools and the wonderful people I worked with while I was there.  There were some terrific leaders there and the current superintendent Dr. Tim Taylor is one of the best.  We had a chance to reconnect at a Lodge function earlier this year and I got to thinking about the great people who worked with me and who allowed us the academic freedom to be the best teachers we could be.


The picture below was sent me by a good friend.  I do not think he knows of my gastric problems but it was very timely and I am glad to be able to share it.
 Another friend sent me this one.  He is one of the most knowledgable Masons I know and even though I am older than he I sit at his feet and learn.  I am so grateful that I have met men like him and the one who sent the above picture.
 And this is the first necessity of the day and I luvz my coffee.  Have a cup. (or tea if you prefer)
Enjoy your day!

No comments: