Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tuesday

 This is the group picture from Saturday's meeting of the two Conclaves of the Red Cross of Constantine. We held the meeting at the Grand Lodge of Iowa and it worked out nicely.  The Knight Companions in the picture are: Front Row (L to R)  Greg Andersen, B.O. Bryngleson, Steve Elliott, Jay Cole Simser, I.G., Colby Withers, Shane Harshbarger, Don Stamy, P.I.G.

Back Row (L to R) Wade Sheeler, Kevin Smith, Don Sardeson, Marion Reinhart, Kurt Hoffmann, George Gay, Ed Blinks, John Klaus, Rusty Hill, Don Mosier, P.S. - St. Ignatius, Craig McFarland, George Harrison, P.S. - St. Bartholomew, Randy Crouch, Gary Bergman, Charlie Smithson, David Dryer
 It was a very nice meeting and I think the Knights enjoyed seeing the work. The Red Cross of Constantine is an Invitational Masonic Order. If interested you can read about it here. The Stain Glass was something I had not seen before.  It is displayed under the pictures of the Past Grand Masters and I thought it looked quite nice with the reflection.
 When I drove home I was grateful for the clouds because I was heading west and it is hard enough to see driving into the sun anyway.  I love taking pictures of clouds.
 And I love driving on Iowa Highways, especially this time of year when it is green.
 Molly was glad to see me return,  I think the clouds in the above look a little like her.. with the sun as her nose.

My days and nights seem to be mixed up.  I woke up at 3:00 on Saturday morning and then could not get back to sleep.  Then driving to Cedar Rapids and spending a long time there and when I got home I was really tired so I went to sleep and then woke up and did some things until around midnight.  Sunday night I did the same thing.  I woke up at 3:00 and could not go back to sleep.  So I opened my book and read.  I am reading a detective novel.  There is an author who was showing us a picture of his new book in a bookstore and I saw this one sitting beside it and it looked interesting so I went on-line and ordered it for my Kindle.  Whish, Boom, Bah and it was here and I could start it.  Good thing too because I finished The Son and was ready for something else. I love my Kindle.

Don't get me wrong I love books and for some I prefer to have the book.  But for just reading stories and novels I find the Kindle is a wonder.

Well, the Royal Baby is here.  I guess I am happy for them because they have a family but when you think about the life he will live.  Always in the spotlight, People hanging around you 24/7. You are stuck with a job which you may or may not want with no real power.  People will be bowing and scraping to you all your life and you will inherit some of the most beautiful places to live that there are.  You will have to travel the world promoting the family business (Gr. Britain)    You won't every have to worry about money even if the government stops paying you because your family estates (which you will inherit) produce more revenue than the government gives you anyway.  I know that I would not have wanted to live under a microscope. I admire the Queen for the service she has given to her country but really would you want her life? (besides I'll bet that crown is heavy,)

I think you all know that my nephew, Jon, is attending University in Tempe, AZ.  One of his areas of study is bees and he texted me some pictures from there.  They have been having some rain and storms.  I believe they call them monsoons.
This is the muddy ride to the Apiary 

This is what they do when it is hot or rainy.  Trying to cool off.

The Apiary or bee-yard

From a distance
Jon rides his bike out to the Apiary as he does not have a car down there.  Around 20 minutes in the hot son.  I told him to keep hydrated.

 This is the plant outside my picture window.  The bees are all over it.  Jon thought it might be Wild Bergamot also known as Horsemint. I had identified it as Horsemint because I saw it on a blog Out on the Prairie which I read. I think it is spectacular.
 And this is the corner prairie which Jon planted.  It is too bad we can't burn it.  It needs some work as we have some volunteer trees growing up in it. Also in the Wild Bergamot.  I hope that Andrew will take care of that for me.l



No comments: