Tuesday, July 2, 2013

This 'n That

 Ginny and Bruce and I went out to eat last night at the Mandarin Cafe for Ginny's Dinner. We enjoy eating there and since it was Ginny's Birthday and  she got to pick the place to eat.

Bruce and I went together and got her a Kindle Fire for her Birthday.  She looks pleased.

We had a good time and I was even able to get up from the low chairs.  I get so tired of having to fight getting up but I guess I should be grateful that I can get up.  Ginny doesn't have that option and yet she keeps her spirit up and tries to have a positive outlook on life no matter what is thrown at her.

Jon sent a picture at 1:30 AM of a well trimmed Miles.  He lives in Arizona and it is really hot there now.  Miles looks good.  We miss him.


I was watching 60 Minutes Sunday night and watched an interview with David McCullough.  It was excellent and I suggest you watch it here..  Part II is here.

I have been making up for lost time in going to movies.  I was not able to go out to see films for 6 months without a major production so now that I can I have been to three movies this past week.

I thoroughly enjoyed//loved the movie 42.  I also went to see Olympus Has Fallen and I also enjoyed it.  Fast paced action flick.  Sounds similar to White House Down which is in theaters now.  Don't know if I can take two like it or not.

The third movie which I also enjoyed/loved was the caper film Now You See Me.  It is not a blow 'em up/crash and burn (although there is one spectacular car crash) and basically it was just really entertaining.  I recommend it.

And I guess that is all I have for today.  Enjoy your Tuesday.

No comments: