Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tuesday - I got nuttin


I would imagine that each and every one of us have at some time or another been hurt by a careless remark made by someone we admired.  I can still remember my uncle telling my cousin and me that "neither one of us had sense enough to pour piss out of a boot."  We were teen-agers and on vacation and I am sure that he thought he was being funny.  It wasn't funny and it has stayed with me all my life.  I know that I should let it go and for the most part I have because there are a lot of other memories that were good but that smart ass remark did not build me up and still hurts today.  So I am very careful what I say to a child and try to be when I say things to anyone.  Sometimes I fail but  I never consciously try to hurt someone.

Full Quote from a 1615 letter to the Grand Duchess Christina of Tuscany - "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them."

I am in a "reading mode" right now.  Finished one book on Saturday, read another on Saturday and Sunday and started the next one on Sunday.  I woke up at 2 AM Monday morning and could not get back to sleep so I read until 4:30.  Then I had to have a nap in the middle of the day.  I hate it when I have nights like that. The book is good though.  It is about Theodore Roosevelt after he lost his bid for a third term and went to South America to explore a river known then as the River of Doubt. (Click on the link in the sidebar to learn more about it.) It is a well written book and exciting and so it was easy to stay awake to read.  I am going to have to start thinking about the next book if I keep going like this.

As I said I really don't have anything to write about. Things are pretty tame right now.  Just Molly, Cassie and Me and we aren't doing much in the heat.  Stay cool.  HUGZ.


1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

I like Mr. Galileo's quote.