Wednesday, September 26, 2012

One minute and 42 seconds of Cute



It is amazing to me how these little dogs go after larger dogs and how the larger dog just sort of rolls with the punches and takes it.

It kind of reminds me of something that happened when I was 11 or 12 years old in Atlantic, Iowa.  There was a man in the neighborhood who was just an awful person. He was belligerent and argumentative and none of the kids liked to be around him.  I don't really know what his problem was but my mother described it as "short man syndrome" - later in High School there was a guy in my class (of 17) who was always picking on me.  He was about a head shorter than me.  As I look back I think that perhaps he also suffered from the same syndrome.

I have never liked being as tall as I am (6' 3") because I could never get lost in a crowd.  Little kids used to look up at me and say something about giants.  I am speaking of Kindergartners here.  Some little kids aren't bothered by it but a few are.

When I had my ankle fusion operation about 9 years ago one leg became shorter than the others and I changed my name to Eileen (say it out loud and think about it) It makes it hard to get around even with the lift on my left leg.  Sometimes I lose my balance and sway like a drunken sailor. Such fun.  But I get by.  You know I have no idea why I went off on this tangent.

Found something on Facebook that kind of tickled me so I will close with that.


1 comment: