Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Mixed Bag


Brother Jeffery Heimensen has just been installed at Grand Lodge as the Senior Grand Steward.  He has decided to blog about his year and is blogging as Traveling Man's Journal.  It is also linked in the side bar or you can click on the name and go say hello.  Brother Jeffery is a nice guy and it will be interesting to follow his travels on his blog.


I have cast my ballot.  I received my Absentee ballot in the mail today and filled it out (making sure to vote for the non-partisan candidates and the Judges) and mailed off tonight.  It is quite a process.  You have the ballot which you must fill out properly, then you put it in the secrecy envelope, the affidavit envelope (which must be signed and filled out with your address) which is sealed and then it goes into a return envelope and is sent to the Auditor.

One of the reasons I am voting absentee is because they moved the polling place to a church.  And it is one of those right wing churches that I have vowed never to set foot into. Personal reasons.  I complained to the Auditor about using churches as polling places but it mostly fell on deaf ears.

Found the following on Facebook and the Web.  Since I don't have anything else to write about and since Miss Molly has been on my lap for a couple of hours and I have not been able to Blog and it is late.



Oh and the new TV season started tonight. How I Met Your Mother, Partners,  Hawaii Five-O, Castle, Alphas, Major Crimes (my current favorite) and Warehouse 13.  I am relieved that the Daily Show and the Colbert Report are re-runs. 

Congratulations to the new Grand Lodge Officers who were installed into office last week-end.  


Grand Master Bryce B. Hildreth       
Deputy Grand Master Loren C. Stein                       
 Senior Grand Warden William R. “Bill” Yungclas
Junior Grand Warden Realff H. Ottesen
Grand Treasurer Robert E. “Bob” Breckenridge II    
Grand Secretary William R. “Bill” Crawford
Grand Chaplain Franklyn Coulter     
Deputy Grand Secretary Tim S. Anderson               
Grand Marshal George J. Harrison                            
Senior Grand Deacon Rick N. McCampbell              
 Junior Grand Deacon Donald R. Sardeson    
Senior Grand Steward Jeffrey D. Heimensen            
Junior Grand Steward Tom C. Bowersox      
Grand Tyler Jerry F. Monroe                                   
Grand Musician Michael R. Langford                       
Chairman of Division and Reference Eric A. Rozeboom

Of these officers I know 12 of them and think it is one of the finest group of Grand Lodge Officers I have ever seen.  I have known Grand Master Hildreth since he was in elementary school.  He is also a Past Grand Commander of the Grand Commandery and a Past Sovereign of St. Bartholomew Conclave, Red Cross of Constantine.  Actually there are a lot more accomplishments but those are all I am going to name.
Senior Grand Warden Bill Yungclas is a member of Arcadia Lodge (one of my lodges) and as fine a man as you could know.  

I think the Grand Lodge is in good hands.

Thanks for stopping by.  

No comments: