Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thursday This n That

It has gotten cold.  It is down to 59 degrees (Wednesday night when I am writing this) and I have closed up the windows.  It is supposed to get down to 50.

I am to go to the Dentist this morning.  I am in hopes that he will get things going for my partial so that I can have teeth again.  I do not like having them missing.  When I eat sometimes my lip "catches" on the tooth and it hurts.  Not much but enough. Plus as I mentioned I can't eat much.  I should be losing weight.  I have toast and honey (with Ceylon cinnamon) for breakfast, a yogurt for lunch and a salad for supper. I am slowly losing some weight and that's a good thing.

 I tried, I really tried.  I turned off the you may not post if you are not going to give your name requirement and got this:Tymi pamietnikami przechowywane jest jako wskazanie to wszystkie stadia zespolu rehabilitacyjno-socjalnego. Odpracowaniem nie mogl wyrzec po trzech tygodniach stalismy sie bardzo o sztucznie wywolanej wysokiej szklance odbijaly sie do gabinetu wpadli do miasta albo potwierdzajac prawde rzeklszy nie zywilem i opatrywalem. Pallada nie slyszymy wowczas o kazaniu na gorze moze spelniac takze funkcje pozwalajaca na zwiekszenie pracy. Oczekiwal jednak w , ktorym wielka ufnosc i mozliwosc sa ubodzy i pokorni    

If you are interested it is Polish. and it goes on for a long time and there was one link in it. So I did not allow it to be published.  It went to the great Never, never land of blogger marked as SPAM.  I have shut off the Word Verification. I encourage comments. You don't have to agree with me (however I can't see why you wouldn't) but politeness is a requirement. Read the Disclaimer if you wish.


While I was looking for some illustrations for this post I found the one on the right.  It reminded me of someone.  When I taught in Marion, Iowa I roomed for one year with a widow lady.  She gave me the Master bedroom with a nice large bath and the room was also a good size.  It was nothing special but it met my needs but the best thing about it was Elsie.  She was just a nice lady.  One of the things she used to do was send post cards like the one above which just simply let the recipient know that she was thinking about them.  Now that is a really nice thing.  Sometimes I get a phone call from a friend and it is nice to know I am in their thoughts. We don't get many letters any more.   I found out when my cousin George Underwood died that my sister had been a correspondent of his.  Not sure if he ever answered her or not but she took the time to write to him and  I am sure that he appreciated it.  Ginny is like that.

She reminded me that this Saturday will be the 10th Anniversary of her becoming a "wheeler" -  She rolled her car and broke her back and we all went through hell.  I had to sell my house and move to a larger place where she could be and that worked for awhile. It has been a bumpy 10 years but she has managed to come back from a pretty bad place and has gotten a degree and a job and in spite of all of the things which have happened to her she still finds time to do nice things for people. Send some good thoughts her way.  She is having car trouble (again) and could use it.. Her old (wheel chair accessible) van  crapped out on her the other day and she had to have someone come to start it for her. I hope she can keep it going.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hugs,  j  

2 comments:

Dianne said...

it was starting to get delightfully cool here and now it's warm and humid again
I'm so confused!! :)

hugs

Harpers Keeper said...

OH NO...spare the duck!!!