Thursday, September 6, 2012

This 'N That


I am not a fan of Bill Maher but occasionally I run across something he says and it is "spot on"  -  President Clinton gave a speech at the Democratic National Convention.  He said: ‎"In Tampa, the Republican argument against the President's re-election was pretty simple: we left him a total mess, he hasn't cleaned it up fast enough, so fire him and put us back in." 

I think he nailed it.  

The Convention speeches have been exciting.  It will be interesting to watch Mr. Obama's speech to see what he has to say.  He has some hard acts to follow.

I ate at a new restaurant today.  It was a middle Eastern restaurant and I ate so much that I will not have to eat until tomorrow.  

The salad was a Bosnian Cucumber salad and it was delicious.   The main dish was moussaka and it was prepared perfectly.

It was the Bosnian variety  ( a three-layer version: the bottom layer consists of ground pork and beef, the middle layer slices of potatoes, the top layer a custard. Each layer is cooked on its own and layered in a pan and baked until the top layer is browned.) and it was very good.

I also went to the grocery store and stocked up on some things.  I am not eating a lot these days so that is why today's lunch kind of did me in.  

I have not been sleeping well lately.  I sleep for two hours and then I wake up and read for a couple of hours and then go back to sheep.  I usually take a nap in the afternoon so that helps mess up my sleeping.  Hopefully things will change.  Thanks for stopping by.  Can't believe the week is half over.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What restaurant? Sounds like my kind of place.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Saraj 1300 50th St. West Des
oines