Monday, July 30, 2007

Corn Huskers





No they aren't from Nebraska. These are the guys from Acanthus Lodge husking corn. I went down about 4:00 pm and they were already working. Tomorrow night is a big Corn Feed at the Lodge. I think it runs from 4:30 to 7:00. tickets are $7.00 each (Kids are cheaper) We husked a lot of corn and there are sliced tomatoes and there will be chicken also. It should be fun.

After working on the corn we had our usual dinner and then a Third degree. It was a good degree. I am looking forward to going down tomorrow to eat sweet corn. it really looks like good corn. One thing the boys at Acanthus know how to do is put on a good meal. Speaking of "boys" One of the fellow there took to calling me "Boy" It is rather funny because I am three years older than he is. He and I have a fun thing going. When he usually sees me he says "NO" in a loud voice and then I don't have to ask him to join the York Rite.

I took five pairs of pants to Hensleys to be taken in. She may not be able to do the jeans so I have a pair of jeans size 52 or 54 if anyone wants them.

Remember you are loved. Hugs. jcs

No comments: