Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Road Closed


Right now I am "stuck" in the house. Yesterday I noticed Temporary No Parking signs on the street. I did not even think anything of it. They have had these signs up previously and nothing happened.

I got up early and took Bailey to the groomer and there was no problem. 6:45 AM and then at 10:00 when I went to get him - no problem. So I got busy developing a York Rite pocket petition and new version of my brochure with a petition on it and paid no attention to things happening outside.

When I went out to get the mail I discovered in the mail box a yellow notice designed to go on a door knob telling me about a temporary street closing. I looked outside and sure enough the street was closed and there was new Tar on the street. Such fun. Needless to say I called and complained. In the first place the notice in the mailbox is illegal. They aren't supposed to put things in the US mail box, Second there are two doorknobs on the front of the house. As it turns out, the supervisor came by, (a nice guy) and he said that by the time I want to leave I should be able to get out. Then they called and told me I left my planner at the Groomers so I have to go get it.

I am looking forward to the corn feed. Plus I developed a pocket petition for the York Rite and we will see what happens with that. Remember you are loved. J

No comments: