Saturday, July 14, 2007

Quotes from Alan Arkin

The January 2007 issue of Esquire includes lists, by well-known people, of "What I've Learned." Here are a few items from actor Alan Arkin. You could find a worse guru to follow:
. Things are never going to turn out the way you think they will.
. Improvisation has been crucial to my whole life; it's what we're doing all the time.
. No matter what you do or where you are, you're going to be missing out on something.
. If you're looking outside yourself for substantiation of your own happiness, you're going to fail.
. Anything you're rigid about, sooner or later, the rug is going to be pulled out from under you.
. I read somewhere that some people believe that the entire universe is a matrix of living thought. And I said, "Man, if that's not a definition of God, I don't know what is."
Truth is always unfolding. It's not an absolute (104).

No comments: