Monday, July 23, 2007

Milestones



I went to Acanthus tonight for the dinner honoring their 50-year members. Most Worshipful Grand Master Dennis Zahrt and his wife Janet were there. It was good to see them. There were four of the twelve new fifty-year members there as well as one member who is 100 years old (He didn't look a day over 65). He is one of 19 people over 100 in Iowa who are licensed to drive. The Grand Master presented the certificates and made a few remarks and we ate a good meal fixed by the Order of the Eastern Star. It was a very nice event and marked an important event in the Masonic life of these Brothers. I get mine in 9 years (If I make it that long.)




My car also passed a milestone. At 5:09 PM as I passed through Ankeny the odometer passed the 100,000 mile mark. so I have started on the second 100,000 miles. It is a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee so I fully expect it to make it. (Unless I get the convertible that I want. Yeah, right that is likely)

We are also fast approaching the 5,000 mark on the Blog counter. Of course that is a little unrealistic because I have about 300 posts and probably at least two visits to the Blog each time I post. But it is still impressive.

Love someone and be loved in return. Hugs, jcs

4 comments:

Larry said...

Wow, I have my countdown for my 50 years going. Only 49 years and 3 months to go.

Larry said...

And of course your going to make it to 50 years. If theres any doubt that you will you have to at least make it thru 48 years because I already have you penciled in as Chaplin the year I'm master. Who else could I trust to sit at my left and make sure I don't screw everything up?

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Wow, penciled in. When you put it in ink let me know :~) j

Larry said...

Considered it inked. It was penciled in just in case you said no.