Friday, July 20, 2007

Miscellaneia


Things that bring me joy
Finding a new word.

resipiscent (re-si-PIS-uhnt) adjective
The teacher in me says you have to find out the meaning yourself.






A baby's smile




Checking my name on Google - If you put in Jay Cole Simser you get three pages with my name on it. Makes me feel important (Even though I know I'm not.)

Thinking about my blog readers.



I have a little program on my Blog that tells me that my Blog is read by people from all over the world. Every continent except Africa. I have had readers in the last month from Japan, Indonesia, India, Turkey, France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Canada, Brazil, and of course the United States. I am read from coast to coast. That is awesome. Of course I have no idea what my readers look like but to me they are all young, attractive, intelligent, personable and use computers.









Finding a new Recipe. This is from Paula Dean and it was fun to make and went over well with those who ate it.
Cornucopia Salad

1 head iceberg lettuce, washed, patted dry, and torn into pieces
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 cup diced celery
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed, uncooked
2 (8-ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts
3 bananas, sliced, tossed in 1/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, or salted peanuts)
1 cup grated Cheddar
3/4 cup chopped green onions, green part only
10 to 12 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, chopped
Dressing: _2 cups mayonnaise _1/4 cup sugar _1 tablespoon white vinegar

In a large rectangular dish, layer salad ingredients in the order listed, stopping after the nuts. Mix dressing ingredients and let stand for 5 minutes. Spread dressing over entire top of salad, covering it completely. Sprinkle cheese, green onions, and bacon over salad. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before serving.


Making a new friend

Making up with an old friend.

A good night's sleep

Bailey

I know you have seen this picture before but he is so cute.

Yes, Max and Cassie make me happy also.

A good joke.

Doing something nice for someone or giving them something that they appreciate.

The smile on a person's face when they are glad to see me.

Hugs...given and received.

Knowing that my efforts are appreciated.

Kyra Sedgwick


Oatmeal Cookies
chocolate

Knowing that someone I love has had a success.

Driving

A good joke.

Writing a new poem (You can read my poetry by clicking on My Poetry in the list on the left.)

Lodge (Most of the time)

Writing an entry for my blog.

Knowing that God loves all of his children. Even those of us who mess up occasionally.

Finding something I agree with in a book I am reading.

Reading a good book.

Going to a good movie.

There are so many that I couldn't begin to list them all. I am mostly blessed. I ain't even gonna think about the downers.

I am currently awaiting the latest (last) Harry Potter book but I am not going down at midnight to get my copy. It is reserved so I'll get it in the morning.

No comments: