Sunday, July 8, 2007

Where is the joy?

I love this poem. It reminds me of Bailey when I come home. He is so happy to see me.
Be sure to click on the link below to see another example of pure animal joy.

A Poem by Doris Peel

Couldn’t it be
that animals who gambol
on sunlight slopes –
lambs, colts
calves still wobbly
are evidence enough that Something IS?

For where has it come from,
this elation of theirs?

After all
no award’s
being handed out
for the friskiest pair
of kicked up heels.
There’s not even anyone
to call “Bravo!”
as a new creature
springs, you’d suppose,
only this hour from Genesis One –
bounds on stiff little legs
from the ground, or goes
without a soul
to tell him ow
cantering off on his gala own.
So again I ask
where has it come from,
this pure joy?
Juicing up
from Muscle and bone.


Go here to find it. (Just click)

No comments: