Thursday, July 26, 2007

Frustration


This has been a very frustrating day. First of all the Internet went down and I could not access my e-mail or the Internet. I was told that I would receive a call when it was back up. I waited patiently all day. No call. I wrote a couple of (dumb) poems. I was finally able to access my e-mail on my neighbor's unsecured line. Not very satisfactory but I was able to post the poems and check my e-mail.

I went to lodge and the candidates did not show up even though they had both received letters informing them of the dates of their initiations. So I came home. Decided this had gone on long enough and called Qwest again. This time I spoke with a young lady in India and she informed me that the outge had been repaired. And they had not called me. I was able to restore the connection and here I am.

And now,  it seems that the Cable TV is out and it is thundering outside so Bailey will bark all night. (Is someone after me?)  

Unfortunately I don't have much to say that I want to talk about. I think I need a break from things. I am going to Des Moines tomorrow for a Fellowship Lunch at Acanthus and to visit with a candidate. that should be nice. I may stop out to Hensley's to see about getting some new pants. The ones I have are currently not staying up on my hips. That is the disadvantage to losing weight. I don't have much else on my agenda - I will probably go out to Costco to get gas as long as I am down there. Last time I got gas there it was 15 cents a gallon cheaper than here in Ames. Always worth the jaunt out there and I may go in to get some things also.

My coffee came today so tomorrow I can have good coffee again. There is nothing wrong with the Starbucks I got to grind but I just like my Gevalia coffee better.

I hope your days went better than mine. Be loved and love someone. Hugs, jcs

2 comments:

Larry said...

That was a pretty depressing lodge night. Chris from Nevada was all excited about sitting in lodge "like one of the regular guys" and my cable was out too...overall not that great a day. I need to sit down and blog on my blog but just haven't had any free time. Although in hindsight this message is long enough that I should have just blogged this on my page. I hope today goes better for you. Last night was pretty crappy. Stay happy.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Today was good. j