Friday, July 27, 2007

Fellowship Lunch and News



I went down to Michael's in Des Moines for a "Fellowship Lunch" with some of the Brothers from Acanthus.
 It was great - six of us sitting and getting to know each other and enjoying some good conversation and pretty good food.

Then I went out to Costco to purchase gas.

It is a little far out there but as long as I am in Des Moines anyway it was 13 cents a gallon cheaper than it is in Ames. I don't often go inside the store because I do live alone and you usually have to purchase larger amounts.

After that I went out to Hensley's Big and Tall. I wanted to see if they still had their sales going on and of course, they did, I got three pairs of pants and one shirt and the pants were very inexpensive even though they were very nice pants. The best thing about them is that they were SIZE 48 - YEAH! I am going to work to lose eight more inches. This has taken since August 29.
I have not been this small for years. (Congratulate me :~))


I stopped at the Gateway Market and got some crackers and ice tea. See I figure that I may have to eat yogurt and drink Slimfast for lunch I can treat myself with a few gourmet crackers and maybe even a nice piece of candy once in awhile. Then I went out to Egyptian Treasures and said hello to the fellows who work there. I got a candle warmer so hopefully it begin to smell nicer here. While I was at the Mall I stopped into David's Briar shop and purchased a couple of cigars for two friends of mine.

Now I am going to settle in and relax and watch TV. Be Loved Hugs, jcs

1 comment:

Larry said...

Congrats Jay. Pretty soon I'm not going to recognize you.