Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Damages/Book



Glenn Close has a new TV show. It's on fx and is called Damages. You can read about it here.

I found it to be an intriguing show and look forward to future episodes. Glenn Close is one of the absolute best actresses in our world today and she does a masterful job with this character.

I had lunch with my friend Dallas this noon and mostly caught up on things around the house. I am reading "Sworn On The Altar of God. A Religious Biography of Thomas Jefferson". I am learning a lot about this fascinating man and his religious ideas. Surprisingly some of his ideas and mine coincide. I particularly like these thoughts.
How rational could it possibly be for the God of the whole universe to reveal himself solely to one small nation in the eastern Mediterranean and to leave the rest of the world in utter ignorance of his existence? It seemed even more irrational to believe that the Supreme Being of the cosmos had "sent his only begotten son who had not offended him, to be sacrificed by men, who had offended him, that he might expiate their sins, and satisfy his own anger."


These were not Jefferson's thoughts but those of Henry St. John, Viscount Bolingbroke who had a great influence on Jefferson and the American Revolution.

There is a new poem on my Poetry Blog.  No great shakes but I wanted to write something. j
Be Loved and Love Someone - Hugs jcs

No comments: