Friday, October 10, 2008

Dinner and the Theater and a new puppy friend.


Miss Cassie is helping me blog. I took the picture to show her not me. You can see however that my new (platinum) beard is coming along. I can't grow hair on top so I am growing it on my chin.

Tonight I drove to Des Moines to have dinner with friends Matt and Dan. We ate at Centro. It is in the Temple for the Performing Arts.













The Temple is the old Masonic Temple at Tenth and Locust and I highly recommend the restaurant. We all had Guinea Breasts and it was wonderful.


Then it was off to the Civic Center for the StageWest production of Reefer Madness.
"A delirious romp, which at its best, reaches highs of intoxicating goofiness." USA Today
The joint is jumpin’! Inspired by the original 1936 film of the same name, this raucous musical comedy takes a tongue-in-cheek look at the hysteria caused when clean-cut kids fall prey to marijuana, leading them on a hysterical downward spiral filled with evil jazz music, sex and violence. It’s addictive, it’s fun, it’s potheads gone wild!!!!!!
I really enjoyed myself and it was great to go with friends. Last year I went to all of them by myself. Matt got Dan a new puppy for his birthday. It is a Standard Poodle which they named Oliver. We had to go pick it up after the theater and I also got to meet Oreo who is a beautiful dog- so I have two new dog friends. Dan is nuts about him and I am so happy for him. There are a couple pictures of their home and the grounds around it also.


All in all I had a great time today. And gas was only $2.71 a gallon at Costco. (An added Bonus) Have a great week-end. Thanks for stopping by, Hugs, j

1 comment:

Dianne said...

you look so sexily distinguished ;)

yes - sexily is now a word

wonderful series of photos of happy events, I always love these posts