Friday, October 17, 2008

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.


This Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: blinking, cellulite, crescent, ship-shape, homonym, suffering, packer, wind chime, scissors, necklace

Mini Challenge: static, floppy hat, penguin, cinnamon, alphabetical

Where was Saydie Salamander? Her sister was worried. She had been spending so much time blinking and mooning at Phrog that she had completely forgotten to look for Saydie.

Phrog, she said, Have you seen Saydie? She went out to purchase a new wind chime and I have not seen her since. She was wearing her purple floppy hat. The one with a penguin embroidered on it. She probably had on her Green Bay Packer necklace and the crescent shaped design on the clasp.”

“No Sallyie,” said Phrog, I haven’t seen her. Do you think my legs have too much cellulite in them. I want to keep ship-shape. By the way do you have a pair of nail scissors, I can borrow?” I need to trim these noodles for the alphabetical soup.”

“OH PHROG!” scolded Sallyie, my sister is missing and all you can think about is noodles. And besides it is alphabet soup. Not alphabetical.” You are so exasperating at times.

Just at that moment a large red and black lizard like monster stepped through the door. “Put your forepaws up in the air and don’t give me any static. My name is LiGa and if youse don’t do as I tell you then you will soon be suffering. Now give me all the cinnamon which you have in the house or else.”

“Oh yeah Mister,” challenged Sallyie, “or else what?”

“Or else the green guy gets it,” he said brandishing his pistol.

That is Mr. Phrog, retorted Sallyie. “P H R O G.

“That is not the way it is spelled,” said the monster. “It should be spelled frog.”

“Oh yes it is” replied Sallyie, “It is a homonym!”

“I ain’t never heard of that!” replied the criminal. “I think I should just shoot him and have frog legs dusted in cinnamon for supper.”

With that Sallyie fainted and Phrog jumped up and attacked the Monster.
Have a great week-end and thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL, Hugs, j


Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: build-a-bear workshop, man bites dog, opulent, disparaging, lipstick stain, preponderance, smoky quartz, clothes pin, meticulous, falling leaves

Mini Challenge: moisturizing, pickles, seat belt, flip-flop, Chicago

9 comments:

Raven said...

I had so much trouble this week and as always you make it look so easy. I hope everyone comes out of this dangerous encounter safe and sound. Is LiGa going to be a regular character?

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

There are no guarantees that everyone will be safe. Not really sure where Saydie is. I dreamed the criminal element last night. Next week's words are challenging. j

Melli said...

Goooooo Phrog! Go! That lizard has a lot of nerve! I sure hope Saydie returns safe and sound! Maybe she got hung up looking at flip flops in
the Build-a-Bear Workshop! (one can only hope!)

Akelamalu said...

'....frogs legs dusted in cinnamon...'

my stomach's heaving! ;)

Yet again you make it look so easy, I really struggled with the words this week. I'm sure they're getting harder. :(

Lu' said...

Trimming the noodles with nail scissors? HA. Enjoyed reading, thanks.

Dr.John said...

I love on going stories. I do hope poor Phrog doesn't get killed.

bettygram said...

I like your story. The photo also added.

Dianne said...

figures the criminal element would be from Brooklyn lol

Richard said...

Ya gotta like a lizard with spelling issues.

Rich