Thursday, October 9, 2008

Meetings Today - Mixed Bag

We are getting ready for a big York Rite Meeting to discuss the condition of the Rite and to see what can be done to revitalize it. I volunteered to help with this process. I figured I had done enough complaining about the situation that I should work to help solve the problem. You know it is all right to complain about things but only if you are willing to work to rectify the situation.

I am very hopeful.

I also went to the Scottish Rite Officers meeting and voted on the candidates. The Scottish Rite Reunion is coming up soon and that will be exciting. I always enjoy these events. For years I did not participate in any way in the Scottish Rite and now that I am I find that it is a very meaningful part of my life. I really appreciate the things I see happening in the Scottish Rite. I find that belonging to both Rites has increased my appreciation of the Craft Degrees.

I got a new book in the mail from the Scottish Rite Research Society. It is called Light on Masonry.. Subtitled "The History and Rituals of Americas Most Important Masonic Expose'" It is by Arturo de Hoyos. I don't know this man but I have seen his work. He has produced many important Masonic books.It is only 805 pages long. I think it will be awhile before I get to it but I am glad to have it. The Scottish Rite Research Society has in the past three years sent me three beautiful books. I loaned one of them to someone and it has not been returned.

Then Bryce and I went out to Chef's Kitchen for dinner. We both had Steak DeBurgo. I really enjoy Bryce. I have known him since he was seven or eight years old. His folks were active in Masonry and Bryce grew up around Masonry. He is a hard worker for the fraternity and is active in Lodge, York and Scottish Rites. We visited until about 9:00 and ran into Jim F. He is an Officer at Acanthus and it was good to see him.

Now I must go over to the Consistory Blog and post a couple of things there. I already did the Christian Science Church Blog. Both of those Blogs are getting some more hits and it is nice to see that happening. Thanks for stopping by, Hugs and Always Remember That You Are Loved. j

3 comments:

kt.chris said...

Jay:

Please leave a link to the Christian Science blog. While not a member of that Church, the other readers of your blog might appreciate it.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

It is linked on the left in places to go.

kenju said...

My dad was York Rite, and we always wondered why it was not as "popular" as the Scottish Rite.