Sunday, October 26, 2008

An Incredible Surprise

My birthday is not until next month (13th to be exact) but when Kurt came up for the Pumpkin Carving and Potluck he brought me this incredible gift for my birthday. He had asked me for my pins and I thought he meant my collection but he had not. However being the great guy that he is he took the jewels and put them into a display box. I have never had anyone give me a present like this before. And I have had some nice gifts. He even painted my "mark" on it and some other Masonic artwork, on the sides.
I have it displayed on my "treasure table" (of course I had to move a few other treasures but this is so incredibly awesome I can't keep it in the back room. When Kurt asked me for my jewels I said something to him like "I don't get gifts, I give them." I have never been worried about getting gifts - I have been disappointed at times but never again. All I have to do is look at this and realize what my friend did for me. The tears of gratitude are close to the surface.

No comments: