Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Things I Think About

God
Rev. Fred has a Post up which directed me to this article which had this question on it:

How could God be loving, generous, and merciful and then arrange for his own son to be tortured and killed? Is this to suggest that this was God's only-or even best-option for bringing salvation to the world? The atonement theology has never made much sense to me.
My answer is that he couldn't and didn't. Anybody else have an answer?

Pets

Over at Mirth and Matter, Stephanie (I still call her that) has a post up about the loss of her pet. That is two friends who have had beloved pets cross the "Rainbow Bridge" which is a hard and difficult thing. Some people don't believe that animals have souls. They have never known the unconditional love of an animal. Bark-Bark Woof Woof still has a picture of his dog Sam on his blog. My Bailey is laying against my leg as I write this. All of my animals are still with me. I think back over the years to their time with me and know that they were provided for me by a loving God who shares some of his love by giving us our pets. It is unfortunate that some people pervert that love by training these animals to be vicious killers. But that is not their nature. I posted a video the other day about cross-species motherly love. That is the true nature of these animals.

Bicyclists

Nephew Jon told me the other day that motorists give him the right of way when he "hogs" the road. By that he means drives in the middle of the lane and takes up as much space as a car. When I taught I had a father who was a bicyclist who was run off the road and injured (severely) while he was riding his bike. Jon was also hit recently by a woman not paying attention. Again by someone else who didn't see him. Drivers like that tick me off. Those riding bikes also tick me off when they do not obey the rules of the road. I routinely see bicycles run red lights and stop signs. Turn without signaling. Ride on sidewalks (they are for pedestrians) and generally be obnoxious riders. It goes both ways folks. Rules are there for the protection and safety of everyone.

Politicians, lawyers and lies

Some people think that it is OK to lie to other people. They think the end justifies the means. They are wrong. Unfortunately there are enough people out there who think that anything they read is true and believe it. They seem to be (on the) right.

TV

Generally sucks! Except for Craig Ferguson.
Friends

I am grateful for each and everyone of them and for those a-holes who have proven that they are vindictive, self-centered pricks who tried (and failed) to destroy my friendships with others. Well you can just marinate in your own sauce.

Time,

It gets away from me, Gotta run. Sone sent me this:
Thanks for stopping by ARTYAL, Hugs, j

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How could God be loving, generous, and merciful and then arrange for his own son to be tortured and killed? Is this to suggest that this was God's only-or even best-option for bringing salvation to the world? The atonement theology has never made much sense to me.

My answer is that he couldn't and didn't. Anybody else have an answer?


That's my answer too, Jay. Thanks for the shout-out.

By the way, Sun City Lodge #72 will be giving my petition its second reading and will vote on it tomorrow evening. Wish me luck.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I am sure the ballot will be clear. Congratulations. j