Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Miles and Bailey

Bailey is an older dog. He is little.He is feisty. And his nose is out of joint. Who is this interloper who has moved into the house. Max was nice - even though he was bigger he did what Bailey wanted. They ate the same food out of the same bowl. Slept in the same room when Jay was out of the house and generally got along well together.

But this thing called a "puppy" or Miles is something else. He likes to rough house and follows Bailey around. Bailey has to hide under dad's chair or under the sofa so he can't bother him. Up until about a week ago he could follow him under the sofa but now he has gotten too large. Bailey is glad for that. (But I still have to crawl under a long way, Dad or he grabs my foot and he tries to eat my food.) ((Well, you try to eat mine!))

Bailey uses the back yard for "business" - Miles has learned to do that also and has not had any "accidents" in the house for three days (Yeah, well how long will that last?)

So here is a little movie of Miles (who just wants to play) hassling Bailey (who wants to do his business) - Poor Bailey -

Miles hassles Bailey from Jay Simser on Vimeo.


Mr. Innocence
So today I got my hairscut. *Not a typo - I got all of them cut* and went out to lunch with Lee, one of my principals from when I was productively employed. We had a nice visit. It has been a long time. Lee has a Jack Russell Terrier. Then I got my reports done for Grand Lodge. Every month I have to send in a report to Grand Lodge about the activity of the Lodge. I had to clean off the desk in order to do it. With all of the activity of the last week I had been putting it off. They e-mailed me about the August report which I had sent but they had not gotten it. So I resent it and so now that is done. Now there is just one more piece of business that I need to take care of. (I only have this job for Arcadia for 2 and 1/2 more months)
So Mr. Cutie was all "tuckered out" after he chased Bailey around. He likes to go outside and will wander around attacking the plants and leaves. Bailey is an out and in type of guy but Miles likes to explore. Then when he is done he just comes and sits by the door and waits to be let in. Bailey will bark..Miles is much more patient. I wonder how he will be when it gets cold outside.
I went out to Battle's Bar B Q for supper tonight. I had food for lunch so I was hungry at supper time. I also thought about a place where I might get something I have been looking for. I went in the store and - Have you got any Templeton Rye? I asked..... I was able to score three bottles. I am on a waiting list at the other place and there are 20 ahead of me. So I feel lucky to have been able to get it. So things are good right now and Jon just got here so I will close this and let Bailey out (again). Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL - Hugs, j

2 comments:

Nessa said...

Bailey and Miles are so cute together.

kenju said...

Miles is so cute and playful - but I feel Bailey's pain. It was like when my grand kids were small and tugged on me to play, and I was tired and achy and only wanted to sit!