Saturday, October 3, 2009

St. Bartholomew Conclave

Today was the Annual Meeting of St. Bartholomew Conclave, Red Cross of Constantine.
We held our meeting at the Scottish Rite Masonic Center in Des Moines.
I am extremely honored to be a part of this group. I was Installed into the Order in 1981 when I was Grand High Priest. It is more of an honor to be a Knight of the Red Cross of Constantine than almost anything for me. I know there are other honors in our Masonic Organization but to me to be asked to be a member of the Red Cross was the highlight of my Masonic Career.
Then I was Recorder for a number of years and was Sovereign in 1993 and then went back to being Recorder and I still hold that office.
This past summer I was Installed as Intendent General for the Division of Iowa and that was also very meaningful for me. I can hold this office for 10 years (if I continue to be reappointed.)
The purpose of the Constantinian Orders are to commemorate the first elevation of Christianity from the position of a despised and proscribed heresy to that of a legally recognized and honored religion, to cultivate the social virtues, appeal to the intellectual and moral qualities, preserve as far as possible the customs of the fraternity and bring about good fellowship and understanding between all branches of Masonry.

Knights Companions of the Order meet in Conclaves of the Red Cross of Constantine and a member must be a Royal Arch Mason in good standing and subscribe to a belief in the Christian religion as revealed in the New Testament. Membership is by invitation and each Conclave has a prescribed membership limit. The above is from the RCC Web Site.
I have never asked for any office in Masonry with the exception of the Junior Steward of my Lodge. I have always done what was asked of me if able. I enjoy Masonry more than any other activity in my life right now. I will say again (as I have said before) the men I associate with in Masonry are the finest men I have ever met. And the Knights Companions of the Red Cross are some of the finest Masons I know.


A wonderful meal of salmon and roast beef. Catered by the Gateway Cafe.

Having the ladies meet with us makes it very special and much prettier.
Below are our three new members, Rick McCampbell, Randall Crouch and William Knoll. Welcome Knights Companions, I hope you will enjoy our Order as much as I do.
Our new Sovereign, Guy Posey is from Sioux City.
And now I am going to mention that I got a piece of news today that has me walking on clouds. Come back on Monday and I will tell you all about it. Thanks for stopping by, ARTYAL. Hugs - j

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I look forward to your monday news.

Nessa said...

Hey, where's the Monday announcement?