Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday

I went to Des Moines today to attend the practice for the 31st degree.  I do not have a part in it (yet) but have promised that I would work on a part to be a "back up" for the Degree Master.  I suppose that is a good thing.  Here are a couple of pictures from the practice.









After the practice I went out to Ruby Tuesday's with Severen and Kurt (two Brothers from Lodge) to eat.  I put the "boys" in my bedroom when I left and when I got back they had both been sleeping on my bed.  Miles can climb up there but he can't get down. I had to lift him down and it was not as easy to lift him.  He is gaining weight,  Bailey on the other hand is not.  In fact he is losing some and Jon is concerned.  When I took him to the groomer I asked her about what she thought and she did not seem to be worried.  He is lively and as active as he always was and it is just that his food is not always down as it used to be because otherwise Miles would eat it ALL UP.

Bailey is just as fiesty as ever and he seems to be becoming the "boss" of Miles. He needs to be careful because Miles is getting so he could take care of him with one bite.

Speaking of all up. One of Miles' ears is no longer hanging down as it should . He has a "prick ear" and it looks comical.

Blogger has a new way of posting and it can do some fun things. Like striking out text. But the uploading of pictures is going to take some getting used to.  I need to take a turorial about it. In the meantime I will struggle along.

This is a busy week for me. That is a good thing.  I need to work on training Miles to come.  He went outside in front yesterday and ignored Jon.  Jon needs to get him into a puppy class.  Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

3 comments:

Nessa said...

The building looks like an ancient palace.

Wordless Wednesday - King of the Field

Tom Dean said...

Brother Clearman is looking rather dapper, as usual.

Thanks for the photos!

DonM said...

Jay, As you know, I often recommend books. And quite often you follow my suggestion. I would strongly suggest you find a copy of "The Art of Raising a Puppy" by the Monks of New Skete. I found that book extremely valuable for my two "large breed" dogs, especially the first one. They also have a book called "How to be Your Dog's best Friend" which also includes some puppy raising info but is more about dealing with an adult dog. These guys breed german Shepherds for a "financial" living.