Thursday, October 8, 2009

Over the Hump Day

We had a Meet and Greet at the Scottish Rite tonight. There was an officer's meeting and I take the notes for that so I was not at the M&G the entire time. There was a nice sized group there. There are practices going on for degrees for the Reunion which will be held later this month. I am not in any degrees but have sort of promised to learn a part as a back-up. Not sure how I feel about that. I always liked back-stage work. I used to do props for The Odd Couple in Cedar Rapids. It was a lot of fun messing up the set after Oscar moved in. I had some of the lines memorized. The play opens with the line "Tell me Mr. Maverick, is this your first time on the riverboat?" - I was also in the play in Ames in a bit part - it was more fun being back stage. To be honest I got into Masonry in part because Masonry is a play which doesn't close. I used to hate it when the play was over and we all had to go our separate ways. The thing I don't like about Masonry so much is that people don't treat it like a play with drama. Some of them only worry about saying all the words and not putting meaning into them. I guess I am just not easy to satisfy.
The Scottish Rite has a new clock. A lady donated this beautiful clock (which works) to the Scottish Rite. It is in the 33rd Degree Room. I am not sure of the details as to who made it or how old it is. Just that it is beautiful and the Masonic Face is very nice with a lot of symbols on it.
I would imagine that you can see it better if you click on the picture to embiggen it.

Jon had Miles at his house tonight and Miles asked to go out by scratching at the door. He seems to be trained. He knows that going outside is the place to go. There have been no accidents in the house for four days. Miles tore a hole in the screen door on the porch. Jon let him out and the next thing we knew he was scratching to get in on the garage door. Jon went out to look at it. It would not be a problem except that the cat goes out on the porch and she escapes. Jon will have to fix it. Right now they are roughhousing. More fun to watch than TV.

I understand that the Breeder has become a regular reader of the Blog. She e-mailed Jon that she checks for pictures of Miles. I will try to put some more up. In the meantime, thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL. Hugs. j

2 comments:

Nessa said...

Beautiful clock.

James said...

I don't think there's a shortage of drama, but maybe not the kind you are referring to ;).

That is a beautiful clock.