Monday, June 21, 2010

Miles (and Bailey) on Monday - Part Two

The "boys" went to the groomer this morning. They were ready for me when I got there the first thing I saw was Miles peering over the half door saying "Take me home please." He had not wanted to come and the next time Jon is going to have to deliver him as he is too heavy for me. He does not like to get in the car (He has to ride in the back of my Jeep) and goes dead weight when I take him back to put him in. More than I can handle at 7:15 AM.
Next his friend joined it seeing what all the fuss was about. There were a lot of dogs there including one black poodle mix (something or other) who kept kissing him. Strange.
This is the owner. When she came out to help me get him out of the car he just stood there. She said that was typical of Collies. They do not like to jump up into cars or jump out of them. However when I got him home and back in the garage he jumped right out.
He does look beautiful - but then he did before. This morning at 5:00 AM when they got me up to go outside (every morning routine) he came in with black up to his elbows again. It was raining and he loves to dig. I just ignored it because I did not notice it until I got them back to the bedroom and two hours later when the alarm went off his feet were mostly clean. I had another dog like that. Dirt would not stick to Mandy either.
Bailey also went and you can click on his pictures to embiggen them. He, also, looks gorgeous after a visit to Under One Woof. Unfortunately he is getting senile. The groomer said she noticed it also. He doesn't like to be there and was most anxious to be home. Well he is 14+ years old (Birthday is August 25). I guess it is to be expected but I don't like it. For years he was my only company and friend and I loves him. Don't like to think of him getting older. I don't like living alone and the dogs make it bearable.




3 comments:

Dianne said...

I love the shot of all 3 dogs peeking over the door, precious

poor Bailey, getting older sucks
but he's still as handsome as always

have you considered getting a little ramp for Miles to use to get in/out of the car?

Ur-spo said...

pretty pooches, all !

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Give that beautiful Bailey a smooch on his silky head for me. I'm sorry to hear he's getting older.