Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday Diary

I went to Des Moines to have dinner with Kurt and the Kids at Ruby Tuesday. Lyssa was working. I had the ribs and to my way of thinking they are the best. It was nice to be with them.

It was rather bright where I took the picture..

Then I went down to the Varsity Theater near Drake University to see the film Harry Brown starring Michael Caine. Michael Caine is a world treasure. He is a consummate actor. ( I have no idea what that means I have just heard it used and want to impress you with my vocabulary). Plot summary below

An elderly ex-serviceman and widower looks to avenge his best friend's murder by doling out his own form of justice.


He really does play the part to perfection - and by the way that is what consummate means. I googled the definition:

Carried to the utmost extent or degree; of the highest quality; complete; perfect.

To bring to completion; to raise to the highest point or degree; to complete; to finish; to perfect; to achieve

The movie was violent and dark but worth it. I enjoyed Caine's performance.

On the way to the movie I went to the gas station and a young lady came up to me and asked me for a ride. I told her that I was just going to the Drake neighborhood and she could ride that far. Then she told me she was looking for a "date" She went back to her pimp. I had just been propositioned. I was amazed - Sometime I should tell you the story about when my friend and I were travelling in Mexico and wound up in a house of ill repute. Two boys from Iowa in Mexico City surrounded by 20 very pretty "ladies of the evening." We were smart enough to get out of there with everything intact. I am pretty naïve most of the time.

Miles got to go for a walk today and he is pretty tuckered out. So am I. They got me up at 5:00 AM and I did not get a nap. Thanks for stopping by. Nite Nite - Hugs. j

No comments: