Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Wednesday

Sam sent me the above. I loves it.
I kind of feel like the picture above.. Like I have been running around in circles. I had a Home Board Meeting today at the Eastern Star Masonic Home in Boone. It was a good meeting and we got a lot accomplished.

I got home and the boys were glad to see me.

I had a nice long Facebook conversation with a Brother during the afternoon and it was good to talk to him.

I got a phone call from Craig and we decided to have supper at Cafe Northwest before York Rite (It is three hours after the meal and I am still enjoying the fried onion rings and Greek Burger) Got a phone call from one of Jon's friends who is walking Miles while Jon is in Spain and they wanted to take Miles for a walk. I told them OK but warned them that I had just had him groomed and I did not want him back muddy and wet. Next time..

I then ran to the cleaners to pick up my suit so I can wear it on Friday at the Festival of St. John.

Then I went out to the York Rite Meeting and was surprised to see the Lodge furniture rearranged. A new table is being brought in tomorrow for the Lodge Room and it will be a large one. I am excited to see it. After the meeting a young policeman was talking to Craig in the parking lot. I visited with him and invited him into see the Lodge room. He said his grandfather was a Mason. I gave him my card and a pocket petition so that if he decides he wants to he can petition the lodge.

Sat around for about 40 minutes after the meeting having a nice visit with some Companions. (In the York Rite we call each other Companion or Sir Knight.) Now I am watching a program (thanks to the wonder of my DVR) on the Boston Pops. I have been a fan of the Pops for decades and was able to actually see them when I was in Boston for a Church meeting. They used to be on TV regularly but no more. I miss them and am glad that PBS has this retrospective. I don't think I will erase it right away. The talent on this show was/is marvelous. Here is a sample:
Tonight I am so very grateful for the talent that has been shared with me and the friends I have because of my associations. As Jon said.. Life is good. (Of course knowing me i will soon find something to bitch about. In the meantime Happy Wednesday Addendum. Prophetic. It did not take long. oh well Life is still good for the most part) BIG HUGS to everyone. Always Remember That You ARE Loved. j

1 comment:

kt.chris said...

Perlman is a world treasure; an awesome player. Thanks for sharing this.