Thursday, June 3, 2010

Note From Jon

I got this from Jon. I am posting it without his permission but I have asked. If he says not I will delete it. (Permission granted)

Spain rocks. La playa es muy bueno. Mucho la chicas. Es carro aqui.(expensive) There are only 8 working computers out of 30 in the foreign student computer lab, so this the first day I bothered to wait an hour to use the computer. Anyway. The host family speaks less English then I speak Spanish, but I learned how to say Como se dice? and Que significa? So now they are teaching me as much Spanish as the actual teacher for my spanish class. I had to drop down to 195. After the second day of 295 she said not to speak in English in class anymore, but the only things I understood were the things the others explained to me in English, so oh well. The host father has made a game of quizzing me on the name of objects in the house. Yesterday he waved a spoon in my face and said.¨ Que es?¨ I said ¨cu...cucharo¨. He said Bueno. Bueno. Si no. (Wave to hit me with it.) Then he, Spencer and I laughed.

Oh Spencer is my roommate. He knows about as much Spanish as me which es muy pequeno.

Anyway. I´m walking so much I got a blister on my heal. Walking in Utah for a week didn´t even do that to me. I´ve become an expert at using the subway and tram, and am getting better at using the bus system.

I could bable about what I´ve been doing, but I got better things to do. Adios.

No comments: