Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Driving to Michigan

I got to sleep until 7:00 AM which was a good thing because I was up until midnight packing and getting the house ready for me to be gone. The dogs are barricaded in the kitchen and a friend is coming in Wed through Fri and Craig will be there on Saturday and Sunday. It is really nice to have people you can depend on. I don't think they had a clue as to what was happening. Ginny and Bruce were going to go through the things that Ginny has stored in the garage and I guess they got some work done. It will be nice to have the place cleaned up. I am not very good at it. I can step over lots of things.






It was a perfect day to drive Interstate 80. The clouds kept the sun off so the car was comfortable and it drove like a charm. The traffic was moderate. Not a bad day at all. I always like driving across the Mississippi River and the hills of Iowa were beautiful. I had forgotten how flat Illinois was. By the way you can click on any of the pictures to enlarge them

I made it as far as Benton Harbor and it is a very confusing town to drive. I got lost more than I found my way. But no matter I checked into the Courtyard and it has free Internet for one day and they directed me to a nice place to eat. It was supposed to have a nice view of the lake but it was not to be as I was seated in a poor place to view but the food and service was excellent. The town where the restaurant is was actually St. Joseph and they have painted dogs all over the place. This is the one outside the restaurant.

Above is the view outside which would have been nice to see but the tables there were for four and I was alone. It did not matter, I had a very nice young man for an intern server and the boss lady was nice also, I heard him tell someone that he had graduated three days ago. He is going to a small Christian College in the fall, He said there were a lot of people from Newton who had moved here.
That is him waiting on some other folks.
They recommended the Perch and so I got it and some Lobster Bisque soup. It was wonderful.

This fountain was just down the street.
This is one of the homes along the Lake Shore Drive. Would be nice to have it. Their view is below.



So that catches you up. I am really enjoying being gone. I miss the Boys and Cassie but I needed the change. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

there is a marvelous lighthouse in Benton Harbor.

Dianne said...

enjoy the change!
looks like a pretty place