Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Smile Please

A man was driving down the road and ran out of gas. Just at that moment, a bee flew in his window.

The bee said, 'What seems to be the problem?'

'I'm out of gas,' the man replied.

The bee told the man to wait right there and flew away. Minutes later, the man watched as an entire swarm of bees flew to his car and into his gas tank. After a few minutes, the bees flew out.

'Try it now,' said one bee.

The man turned the ignition key and the car started right up. 'Wow!' the man exclaimed, 'what did you put in my gas tank'?

The bee answered,





Wait for it. Wait for it..


You're just gonna love this..





OK, A friend sent this to me. I don't find the spill in the Gulf funny at all and BP has lost my business. In fact one place where I stopped to get gas I discovered that it was a BP station (They did not have a big sign that said BP so I had to drive up to see it. I drove about a block further down the road and paid at least 6 cents a gallon more to get gas at a non BP station. I think the way BP has behaved with this whole situation is just unconscionable. I don't like that there is a spill but they are responsible for it and their actions in trying to keep how bad it is from the public and getting people to sign waivers and keeping the workers from their families for so long is just wrong. So they are added to the places I won't purchase from.

In 1976 I was swimming in the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of Egypt. There were chunks of tar floating in the ocean and some of it got on me. I had to work quite a bit to get the damn stuff off so when I see the brown pelicans covered in that gunk it breaks my heart. We need to take care of this and then work together to make sure it never happens again. However I do not hold out much hope as long as the politicians kow tow to big oil. Thanks for stopping by. I will try to lighten up in the future. Hugs, j