Friday, February 8, 2008

Finally Friday


I was up until about 1:30 last night getting minutes written and my blog posts up. I didn't sleep late this morning either but I am not really tired.

I got some things done today that have been hanging over my head. I got my new will signed and witnessed. I needed to make some changes. So that is done and out of my head. I figured that now that it is done I can fall down the stairs or get smashed by some fool driving to fast or whatever. Both things were on my mind as I walked down the steps at the Lincoln building and as some woman came after me in the parking lot.


I went to see Fool's Gold this afternoon. It is not a great movie but it was fun. Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson are married treasure hunters on the brink of divorce, but they can stay together if they find one last big fortune. It is not receiving great reviews but I found it enjoyable, if predictable. It was fun. By far the best part of the movie was Donald Sutherland. This man is a connsumate actor and I enjoy him in whatever he does. He has a great timing and he made me laugh out loud in several places. Otherwise the movie was just an enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours.

I did move from my usual spot (on the left - go figure) so a gal in a wheelchair could move into the back row. I usually sit there because there is more space for my long legs. She was a young girl and while she could talk she could not use her arms. She has a couple of friends with her who helped her to eat her popcorn. I really admire those gals helping their friend. Ginny and I know what it is like to deal with a wheelchair (don't we kiddo) and it isn't fun. Kudos to the gals for helping her.

Another young woman came in and sat to my right. She was on crutches and had a whitc cast on her leg. She crossed her legs and swing her leg back and forth. A nervous habit but it was really bothersome as I caught it out of the corner of my eye and it was distracting. If she had been in my classroom I might have said something to her but since she wasn't, I couldn't, so I put my hand up and blocked my peripheral vision.

The newspaper tonight has two articles about Edwards Elementary School (My old school) The first one is about Patti Allen's class and some ot the community things they are doing including corresponding with a soldier in Iraq. Patti was an Arcadia Lodge Teacher of the Year and won the Iowa Masonic Teacher of the Year Award. It is easy to see why she won she does a great job. I linked the article here and encourage you to go read it.

The second article is about the Wax Museum that the fourth grade teachers do. Sue Marshek and Bonnie Hunziker are also great teachers and it was my pleasure to teach after both of them when I taught fifth grade. I admire both of them and have linked that article here.


Today is Nick Nolte's 67th birthday. He is from February to November older than I am. Happy Birthday Nick! The other picture is of our class at Beardshear Elementary Nick is on the left in the back row. You can read a short story I wrote here.
I am in there also. Just to prove we did go to grade school together. My claim to fame.









Tomorrow I am going to Iowa City for a Grand Lodge Reception. I will try to get some pictures. It promises to be cold. Stay warm. ARYAL. Big Hugs, J

No comments: