Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday

I went to Des Moines tonight to go to a meeting but first I stopped at the hospital (Mercy) to visit Past Grand Master Charlie Brinkerhoff who is in suffering from vertigo. He was dizzy yesterday and wound up on the floor and had to call an ambulance to be taken to the hospital. He is receiving medicine to deaden the nerves in his inner ear and you can tell he would like to go home but it is still bothering him.

He was in good spirits and we had a good visit.

Then I met Brother Tim Bonney at Chef's Kitchen for supper. We were both going to the meeting at the Consistory and thought it would be a good chance to have dinner and visit. I always enjoy my time with Tim. He is an intelligent person and you can have a very wide ranging discussion with him As a Baptist minister and a Mason and all around good guy he can talk about anything. Tim is studying to get his Masonic Instructor's certification and Wednesday he will take a test over the first two degrees. I admire him for taking this on.

A Masonic Instructor has memorized the ritual for all three degrees. I have never had the stamina to memorize that much.

I have mentioned the Chef's Kitchen before. I had a French Dip sandwich and a cup of Lemon chicken soup. Delicious. Tim had a hamburger and I don't think I could have eaten the entire burger either. It really did look good. He took half of it home.

The meeting went well you can read about it over at the Consistory Blog. Click on the Knights of St. Andrew Logo below to go there.
Tomorrow they are coming to clean the carpet. It needs it. I need to move some furniture. Hope your day was a good one! ARTYAL, Hugs jcs

No comments: