Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thursday

There is no real reason for posting the picture on the right but Kevin sent it to me and I like it.

Today was a really neat day. I got up and did my usual morning things, reading blogs and e-mails and generally taking too long to get going. However I did get going and drove to Des Moines to have lunch with my friend Matt. We ate at Lucca's again and I really had a great time. Matt is a person who can discuss anything. He is a state senator and so some of our discussion was about things pending in politics. I don't have to lobby him because we are both Democrats and have similar opinions about things. His son Jack is flying down to Brazil with his mother and he called Matt last night and told him about his time on the beach in Miami. I am envious.
Jack is making great progress in school and has moved up several reading levels and loves math (well there is that but we can't all be perfect.)

After we ate lunch we walked down the street and had coffee and chocolate chip cookies. Yeah, I know I don't need them but some days you just have to have that cookie. On the way back to the cars we went into Paulo's stores. I bought my sister her Valentine and got some Potpourri and man does the place smell nice. (Now my house smells nice cause I bought some)

The East side of Des Moines used to be rather junky but there has been great progress there. I really enjoy wandering and shopping there. I will do more of it when the damn cold weather is over. I also talked Matt into going to see Craig Ferguson with me when he is here in April. It will be more fun to go with someone. I usually go to things alone.

Matt pointed out some letters to the Editor from (so-called) Christians bemoaning the Stage West production of Jerry Springer, the Opera. Now I gave it a kind of mixed review. I did enjoy it over all and I did go to see it. It was obvious that these jerks had not seen the production. The overall message was one of love and redemption and I have a feeling that these people are just writing the letters to get points with their priests. They remind me of people who criticize the Masons and know nothing at all about us and what we try to do. There was a very positive letter also. And one letter writer pointed out if they don't like it, they don't need to go.

I filled up with gas at Costco and got home and finished getting ready for the Lodge Meeting. I went out early and got my "stuff" set up (did I tell you I was secretary? Ha!) and then I helped David cook the supper. These dinners were my idea to begin with and I used to fix all of them (28 years ago) and it was really fun to help fix the dinner again. We had chicken breasts (you dip them in milk and roll them in corn flake crumbs and bake them), Jeremy's cheezy potatoes (made by Dave cause Jeremy didn't get out to do it) and corn. It was really a good meal. I left at 5:45 to go pick up Rollen and some rolls and butter. There were only about 25 there for dinner but everybody seemed to like it.

While we were working David and I talked about how much fun we have in Masonry and how we enjoy working together to cook the meal and so today I had great times with two guys. One a Mason and one not. But I am so grateful for these friends. In a very real sense they are both my brothers. (Read Davis Blog on tonight here.)

The stated meeting went well. We got a lot done. The Executive Officer and a State Officer for DeMolay came and talked to us about our Chapter. It needs some adult advisors and new members.

I was going to go out to lunch tomorrow with Bob but he had a brain fart and forgot that he has Charlie on Friday afternoons so we will have to reschedule. I don't know Grandpa how you could forget that little guy. I am going out to get my new will notarized tomorrow. Then things will be taken care of and if I shoot off things will go where I want. More importantly I won't have to have a funeral.

I am going to have to quit now and do my Black History Post. This Blog is work. I hope you enjoy it and I hope you like the new banner at the top. Bailey loves to play soccer. Have a great Friday! ARYAL - Hugs, j-bear.

No comments: