Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday Night at Acanthus



It was generally a crummy day weather wise but down at Acanthus it was warm, welcoming and I had a great time at Lodge tonight.

I was going to stay home because we had snow advisories all day popping up in my e-mail but then I got an e-mail from the Chaplain and would I come down and pro tem for him as he was coming down with something. I told him that I would so I got in the car and headed on down. The only other thing I had to do was get dog food so the boys would not starve.

I had not been down for two months and I almost felt like the prodigal son. Evidently people had missed me. At least some people and they all made me feel really good. The meal was excellent. Where else can you get a great meal (pork loin, corn, tater tots and salad) for $4. They have not been doing degree work but did get several petitions for affiliation and one for reinstatement. W.M. Goering ran a good meeting and the officers all did a good job. The lodge has a new web site here. I "stole" the picture below from their Web Site. Click on it to go to the Web Site. They have a calendar on it. By the way Saturday is their pancake breakfast. They have it once a month and is a good place to go for breakfast and fellowship.

The Lodge is the largest Lodge in the State of Iowa with 484 members at the end of 2006. It is down some from then but still the largest. I enjoy belonging to it and I like the guys down there a lot. I had some good conversations tonight. I would ordinarilly go over to 632 1/2 and I was asked but I wanted to get back up here in case the snow was bad. It actually was clear all the way to Ames but 13th street was snow covered. The snow storm hit just north of Ames and then swept over and socked Cedar Rapids. The weather witch must have known I needed to be in Des Moines tonight. And I got to pck up my new sweatshirts from Abiff Apparel.  I am also going down Wednesday and Friday (twice) so it can be cold but please no more snow. ARTYAL Big Hugs, j

No comments: