Sunday, February 24, 2008

Jumper


I really think that the reason the critics didn't go for this movie was that it is just an action flick and probably has no deeper message other than it was an enjoyable way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

There was no great acting in the film but all of the actors were competent and gave very enjoyable believable performances. I enjoyed the premise. That some people could jump from place to place at will taking things with them (Although it might have been more interesting if they hadn't been able to do so and wound up like the Terminator (nude) ) But then it would have been harder to steal things or take your girlfriend on a trip.

Samuel L. Jackson' character (a paladin) is out to eradicate all the jumpers. I thought his character "sucked." I didn't like the motivation."Because you are an abomination. Only God can have the power to be everywhere at once." I mean really, isn't that just a little hokey? Oh yeah, the other reason is that "Eventually you all turn bad." Just a little weak in my opinion.

The young actors were more fun as they figured out ways to use the powers to live well and prosper ("I mean, what would you do if you were 15?") And I was very satisfied with the ending.

All in all I went not expecting a "great" picture and that is what I got not a "great" picture but an enjoyable 88 minutes and the popcorn was excellent. Oh yes, I also got to see the trailer for Indiana Jones 4 on the big screen. Jon had me watch it on the computer last night and it was better in the theater. Now I have something else to look forward to. (That and 10,000 BC.)

I am watching the Oscars tonight. ARTYAL Hugs, j-bear

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read an interview with the director about how stuff could transfer with the "jumper." I won't say where I read it because nobody still believes that people buy Playboy for the articles, do they. Anyway, he said that when they jumped, they actually opened a portal, and everything went through, including air, smoke, and sound, until the portal was closed again. Hey, it's a plot device. Just like the transporters in Star Trek. Gotta have it to make the story work.